A BANQUET FOR ME

“Lord, you are my Shepherd; I shall not want… You prepare a banquet for me while my enemies watch. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows” (Psalms 23:1, 5).
Believe this with all your heart! Confess it! And be conformed to it!

The devil, no doubt, possesses many cunning devices and deceptive purposes, and is intent on deluding and destroying the believer.

However, I assure you child of God that your adversary the devil does not have the power to prevent God from blessing you or to frustrate His plans for your life. I make this assurance on the authority of the Holy Scriptures, because God’s “divine power has bestowed on us everything necessary for life and godliness through the rich knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence” (2 Peter 1:3).

God has already blessed you and nothing that the devil or anyone does can alter what God has accomplished for us in and through Christ - (see also Ephesians 1:3).

Furthermore, there is also nothing that the enemy and his cohorts can do to keep you from enjoying and being saturated by all the blessings which God has duly bestowed upon you through Christ who came “that you might have life and have it in superabundance”(John 10:10). Renew your mind to this truth and you will not hinder yourself. Let your attitude be like the Psalmist's when he declared, "The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? (Psalm 27:1).

Don’t be alarmed, Christian, nor be discouraged by the devices of the devil, for the purpose of God will certainly and ultimately prevail according to His plans for those who love Him.

When God blesses you, He also gives you the grace to partake of it, to enjoy it, and to be satisfied by all that He has laid out for you on that banquet of blessings! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR SUFFICIENCY

FIRST THINGS FIRST

TRIED AND PURIFIED