A PRIZED LIFE


Upon my every contemplation of God's love for humankind, I find myself awe stricken afresh by its inestimable extent! Who can fathom the length and breadth and height and depth of such self-giving love of the Lord our God?
“God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life” (John 3:16, NCV)
God has wonderfully and fearfully created me from the beginning. And having lost my way and been taken captive by the law of sin & death, He redeemed me at a great personal cost. This is God’s love for me, a gift to be received. This love is so amazing that Apostle John challenges all who accepts it to pause and –
SEE WHAT [an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are!” (1 John 3:1, AMP)
Apostle Paul also reflected on the magnitude and reality of God’s love for His people. For Paul, in light of the extent of this love, there can be only one question: “Who can separate us from the love of Christ...” – a love that is so dear? And when you have thought about this the way God views it, you will doubtless come to the same persuasion as Paul did, and answer simply: Nothing! Nothing “shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:35,39, NKJV)

Jesus Himself observed that, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” (John 15:13, NKJV)

My mind may not yet fully comprehend this love of God that is “too wonderful to be measured”, yet that which I know leads me safely to one reasonable conclusion and inescapable truth: if Christ loved me enough to give His own life as a ransom for mine, then my life must be categorically valuable!

I must indeed have a life that is worth living because Christ was willing to die a sacrificial death so that I can live it “as God intended”.

Christ paid a great price, the ultimate price, to give you the opportunity & freedom to live a new life. And just as intensely as Christ loves you, He would also powerfully keep you in His love as you stay committed and loyal to Him.

What an awesome love Christ has loved us with, and what a great life – “abundant life” – He has given us the privilege to live consequently! 

Have regards for the prized life you have in Christ - it is no ordinary life. And as you grow in the knowledge of His great & unfailing love, may your life be filled with all that God is and stands for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR SUFFICIENCY

FIRST THINGS FIRST

TRIED AND PURIFIED