LORD, I WILL

"When You said, 'Seek my face,' my heart said to You, 'O Lord I will seek Your face.'" (Psalm 27:8)
The tenderness and sensitivity to God of a true believer's heart is defined by its wilful submission to God as defined by a simple two word response to any and all of God's counsel and command, namely, "I will". In other words, "For me, if God said it, that settles it." This is a Christlike quality.

The Christian's submission to the will of God reflects is his or her willingness to set aside personal ambition and desires to faithfully follow God in obedience. It is this willing and obedient heart that glorifies God, and it is this that commands the good pleasure of God along with His blessings. God speaks well of those who delight Him.

The last word on every issue for the believer, and indeed the final authority, is the living word of God. When the Bible says that the steps of the righteous person are ordered by God, we are reminded not only that "it is God who works in him to will and to do his good pleasure, but also that "the word of God is a lamp to his feet and a light on his path".

Jesus never did anything that was not an affirmation of the Father's will. His unwavering boldness before all His detractors among the Scribes and Pharisees was predicated upon that simple reality that He was totally obedient in everything that He did. He was confident about the Father's promises because He was sure that He had not spoken of His own but as the Father who sent Him had directed, nor had He performed any miracles which the Father had not done and been the facilitator of. Jesus said, "I came to do the will of He who sent me".

The life of the apostles had this same mark that their boldness and confidence was a product of knowing that they knew they were pursuing the will of God. Morally and ethically their lives were governed by the word of God from we discern the will of God. Our life's goal must be to make God's will our will and to set our sights on living out that reality daily.

To be called a child of God but fail to seek the will of God and live for Him alone will make the new creation a very strange creature indeed. If we do believe that God is who He says He is and we are who He says we are, we would boldly obey Him.

Obey God because He created you and He knows what is best for you. Let your humble response simply be, "Lord, I will"; and not a conditional response that says,  "Lord, I will, but..." Seek the will of God, understand the will of God, live the will of God.

To live the truth you must willingly give yourself to discovering the truth. If you are not seeking the truth, you cannot find it. And as you seek, keep your heart open to receive both the knowledge and an understanding of it. A closed heart, will not receive insight. Jesus said to the Pharisees, "Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word" (John 8:43).

If God says seek my face, then I will seek His face; if He says go right, my response will be, "I will go right". I will speak what He tells me to say, when and how He tells me to say it. As I do that, I make myself a tool in His hand. I can be confident that He will do with my act of obedience what He will and I can be sure that it has not been in vain that I obeyed.

Start each new day with a commitment before God: "Lord, my heart will seek Your face alone today and by your grace I will do Your will only."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR SUFFICIENCY

TRIED AND PURIFIED

FIRST THINGS FIRST